(Revised: 9/4/19) – Player/Coach Pitch
10U Division - Supplemental Rules (All Other USA Rules Will Apply)
1. Spring / Summer / Fall seasons, games are Sixty-Five (65) minutes finish the inning.
2. Players will pitch from 35 feet; base distance set at 60 feet, an 11 inch ball will be used.
3. Teams may play 10 players defensively and will bat their entire line-up. Free defensive substitution.
4. Five (5) runs per half inning. If a team is ahead by fifteen runs after three innings, game is over. Tied games are allowed as per league rules.
5. Only ONE BASE can be obtained on the First Initial Overthrow of Any Base or Pitcher of a live ball. (First Initial Overthrow could be a subsequent throw during a live ball play)…A “Delayed Dead Ball” then will result and umpires will return players to the appropriate base.
6. No infield-fly rule.
7. Bunting is allowed.
8. All coaches not working base line boxes or coach pitching will remain in the dugout during play.
9. Keep catchers in their gear when possible to also help with keeping the game moving. If the catcher is dressing after an at bat or being on base, coaches must be prepared to take 4/2 pitches and allow the catcher the 5th/3rd for throw downs (See Rule #19). (Optional – may remove catcher if on base with 2 outs and replace with last batted out to help speed up things between innings)
10. Per Coaches Decision at the Fall General Meeting on 9/4/19: The division has adopted player/coach pitch for the Entire Fall Season. The division will adopt/play to all other Standard USA Rules with the following exceptions:
A. Only one stolen base per pitch except for home (See Rule #14 for Details).
B. Dropped 3rd strike rule is NOT in effect. No running/stealing on dropped third strike.
C. No walks allowed do to adopting player/coach pitch for the season. (See Rule #15).
D. No Stealing of bases allowed while coach is pitching. (See Rule #16).
11. Pitchers may only pitch two innings of the first four and only 2 consecutive innings at any time if returning in possible fifth or more innings.
12. Pitcher may only pitch two innings of the first four and only 2 consecutive innings at any time if returning in possible fifth or more innings.
13. CATCHER THROW DOWN RULE:
• Catchers may throw down to 2nd & 3rd base in attempt to throw out runners trying to steal those bases without penalty of the overthrow rule (See Rule #5 for Details). Base runners will not be allowed to advance if catcher overthrows the base the runner is attempting to steal.
• Base Runners on 3rd base at the time of a throw down to 2nd base will not be eligible to steal home base on the Steal Home Rule (See Rule #14 for Details).
• Standard USA Rules will apply with regards to the result of the play at the base (Safe or Out).
14. STEALING HOME:
• Runners on 3rd base when the play begins: The runner may advance home only on a batted ball, bases awarded due to defensive infractions such as illegal pitch, catcher’s obstruction and/or other rules violations.
• Runners may not advance to or be awarded home on a non-batted ball play (wild pitch, or passed ball), even if the ball goes out of play, with the exception of bases awarded due to defensive infractions.
• Runners may only lead off third base after a pitch has been released as stated in USA Rules. If a defensive player attempts to make a play on a runner at third base between pitches, it becomes a live ball as stated in USA Rules and the runner may attempt to steal home.
• Runners on 3rd base can advance home on an overthrow of Any Base of a live ball only hit by a batter-runner. (See Rule #5).
15. PITCHER/BATTER RULES AFTER BALL 4 FROM PITCHER-PLAYER:
• Coach-pitchers must be registered and on teams roster and meet league requirements to coach-pitch. Must also be 18 years of age or older.
• Batter will assume player-pitched strike count for the remaining pitches from the coach-pitcher, not to exceed one strike. (Examples: 1) Count is 4 balls - 2 strikes. Batter must receive at least 2 pitches from the coach-pitcher, so the count will start at 4 balls – 1 strike. 2) Count 4 ball – 0 strikes. Batter must receive 3 pitches from the coach-pitcher). Batter can swing at all pitches.
• No additional pitches. Only exception is a “No-Pitch”. A foul ball will be considered a strike if the batter has received at least 2 pitches. The batter is out on the 3rd strike, player-pitched or coach-pitched and the batter must hit a fair ball to achieve 1st base.
• No Walks allowed during player/coach pitch seasons. (See Rule #10).
• Once ball is hit, recommend coach-pitcher leave the field immediately to nearest dugout avoiding the play and the players. If staying on the field, squat inside circle to avoid possible interference.
16. COACH/PITCHER INTERFERENCE / NO PITCH:
• If a coach/pitcher is hit as the result of a batted or thrown ball. “Dead Ball” shall be the result.
• Coach hit by batted ball: Will be umpires call if they feel coach made an attempt to avoid batted ball, if so, batter-runner will be awarded first base and any base runners on at the time will advance only one base as a result of the ‘Dead Ball” force. If coach does not make attempt to avoid batted ball, “Dead Ball – No Pitch” will be called and batter-runner will receive a “Re-Pitch” from coach and base runners return to their previous base.
• Coach HIT by ball being returned to the pitcher: Will be an umpires judgement call (Dead ball) if they feel a player deliberately threw to coach instead of pitcher in order to stop play. Umpires will decided which base the advancing runner/s shall receive or return too.
• Coach CATCHES ball being returned to the pitcher: Players shall return/throw the ball to the player/pitcher during the live play. If coach/pitcher catches or receives a ball on a returned/thrown ball, “Dead Ball” will result and base runners will return to their last base passed determined by the umpires at the time of the interference.
• Once ball is hit, recommend coach-pitcher leave the field immediately to nearest dugout avoiding the play and the players. If staying on the field (Not Preferred), squat inside circle to avoid possible interference.
• No Stealing of bases allowed while coach is pitching. (See Rule #10).
17. If the player-pitcher is pitching, 10U ASA rules apply with this exception: Stealing one base per pitch. The player-pitcher CAN strike the batter out. No walks are allowed (See Rules #10 & #15).
18. During coach- pitch situations, the player-pitcher must be even to or behind the 10U pitching plate and must have one foot inside the circle before the coach pitched ball is released.
19. Pitchers may only throw 5 warmup pitches to start the game. Subsequent innings will only be allowed 3 pitches unless it is a new pitcher entering the game. (Will help speed up the game)
20. SCOREKEEPING: It is the responsibility of the home team to keep the official book for games and needs to be available to the umpires if a question arises. Recommend visiting team keep score as well if they wish, just in case. Home team is also responsible for posting game results using the score reporting tab on the homepage of the website within 24 hours of games completion.
21 BASES STOWED AWAY RESPONSIBILITY: The “Manager/Coaches of the Home Team” for the final game of the day are responsible for returning the bases to their designated storage area ONLY at Oran Good fields. If the bases are stolen as a result of this negligence, the responsible Manager/Coaches shall reimburse the league for replacement bases. If bases are fortunately found left out, the Home Team Manager/Coaches will be fined $50 for their negligence.
22. OTHER GENERAL RULES:
• No jewelry will be allowed while participating in league games.
• Players on offense must wear approved helmets with face masks and optional chin straps.
• The home team shall occupy the third base dugout. An official team lineup sheet must be given to the scorekeeper and umpires by each team prior to game time.
• All players in attendance on each team must be in the batting order the entire game. Each team must play all of their players at least one inning defensively in each game.
• Only registered managers, coaches, assist. coaches, team parents and players are allowed in the dugout and playing area. No smoking, alcoholic beverages, or inappropriate language is allowed in these areas as well as the rest of the park.
• Each team must be at the field ready to play 15 minutes prior to official game time. Possible Inclement weather is no exception, unless the league passes on notification from cities prior to their 3:30pm deadline of field conditions being unplayable. After that, it’s the leagues discretion to determine playing conditions and teams must be prepared to play until told otherwise.
• If a team cannot field eight players by official game time, the game is a forfeit. A team member, who arrives after official game time, can/must be added to the bottom of the lineup. The umpire and opposing manager/coach must be notified of the addition.
• If a player is injured and cannot continue, her name shall be stricken from the lineup with no automatic penalty for what would have been future turns at bat. If an offensive player (base runner) is removed from the game, the substitute runner will be recorded as an automatic out if her turn at bat occurs while she is still a base runner. If a batter becomes injured or is otherwise unable to complete a turn at bat the next batter in the lineup shall take the injured batters turn at bat, assuming the existing ball and strike count. The replacement batter does not bat twice.
• If a game is called for any reason, three full innings (2 1/2, if home team is ahead) will be considered a complete game. If a complete game is not played, the game will be rescheduled and played as a new game in its entirety.
• Games which are tied after time has expired will be recorded as a half win / half loss for each team (a Tie).
• An appeal of a play must be prior to the next pitch or before the defensive team leaves the field.
• If a protest is to be made, do so prior to the next pitch, except for player eligibility. If not done so before the next pitch a protest cannot be made. A protest cannot be made solely regarding umpire judgment.
• If game time has expired and the home team cannot win or tie, the home plate umpire may end the game at that time. If home team is up to bat as time expires and they are ahead the home plate umpire will end the game at that time.
• Spring Season Only…Standings for trophy positions (1st, 2nd & 3rd place), if possible ties, will be resolved by: 1st) Win-Loss Record 2nd) Head to Head Competition 3rd) Runs Allowed 4th) Runs Scored 5th) a Coin Flip. The coin flip will be scheduled at the earliest possible time with those teams involved by that Divisions VP and the Leagues President.
23. SUBSTITUTION RULES FOR PICKUP PLAYERS (Fall Season Only)
• Substitute player/s can be pulled only from teams laterally within the division.
• Substitute player/s from a lateral team is only allowed when up to an 8th player is needed to fill the roster.
• Substitute player/s from a lateral team may only play in the outfield and bat last in the lineup. Any substitute player/s may not pitch for the team they are substituting with.
• Age-eligibility of players participating in older age divisions does not make them eligible to substitute in a younger age division in which they are playing (No playing Down to a Division).
• Any substitute player will play in her own team uniform.
• Substitute players must be registered players with the CFBGSL.
• Any substitute player must be identified to the opposing coach and umpire during the pre-game coach's meeting. Only during that meeting may an opposing coach raise an objection regarding a substitute player.
• All teams bat their roster and all players must bat in order. Any deviations will be considered an out as applied to in the USA Rules.
24. GIRLS LOVE TO CHEER: Even though this is an exciting game, please keep cheers positive. Please refrain from heckling the other team. No taunting will be tolerated, including parents. Coaches are responsible for their parents being positive to the opposing team. If umpires have problem fans, they will give warning to that team’s manager / coach. Any continuing problems, the manager / coach and fans will be ejected and escorted from the park. This process will continue till either the problem is resolved or there is no more coaching staff to proceed with the game, for which the game becomes a forfeit.
FOR LEAGUE TOURNAMENT PUROSES ONLY FOR - 10U DIVISION
Rules - All of CFBGSL supplemental rules we have been using for the season will apply as expected and all ASA (Amateur Softball Association) rules as well. Home and visitors will be determined by coin flip at the coaches and umpires conference prior to each game. The Championship game will be the only exception. The team that has moved on into the championship from the winner’s side of the bracket is granted home field advantage. Also, there is No If Game once in the Championship Game.
ITB (International Tie Breaker) Rules - For tournament purposes only, upon the conclusion of a game (time expires) and the score is still tied we will implement the ITB rules. Here is how it works. Per ASA rules (5-11-A), in simple terms it states, the ITB inning will start with the scheduled batter/s to be up with no count on the player and the last batted out from the prior inning placed on second base. If after 2 innings of ITB there is still a tie we will go to a Modified ITB....the scheduled batter/s to be up will have a count of 1 strike and 2 balls to the player and the last batted out from the prior inning placed on third base...and we will proceed with the modified ITB until we receive a winner. The ITB is used to expedite a game in a quick manner so not to hold up the time schedule of a tournament.